Coordinator of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The Coordinator of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is responsible for the college’s research, planning, and assessment activities along with learner support activities in the library and testing center. The Coordinator of Institutional Research and Effectiveness reports directly to the Vice-President of Academic, Student, & Workforce Education.
- Coordinates the college’s research, data, survey, and information activities; provides research design, data gathering, data analysis, data visualization, and data communication for internal and external audiences; ensures adherence to Virginia Community College System, state, federal, and accrediting agencies’ reporting requirements.
- Coordinates college assessment and evaluation activities, including program assessment, general education assessment, and dual enrollment assessment.
- Collaborates with and coordinates strategic planning and other planning activities for the college.
- Supervises operations and staff for learning support activities in the library and testing center.
- Coordinates, monitors, and supports college records management, including adherence to policies and procedures.
- Serves as the college’s liaison to accrediting agencies, including the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and NC-SARA; maintains currency with accreditation requirements; coordinates the decennial reaccreditation, fifth-year review, annual reports, and substantive change.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience with research, data, survey, and information principles and best practices.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience with assessment or evaluation principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated intermediate technology ability, particularly with Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple units through planning, assessment, and research projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree, preferably in a field closely related to research, assessment, and/or evaluation, or a master’s or doctorate degree from an ALA-accredited graduate program.
- Experience working in the field of education.
- Experience with institutional or educational program accreditation .
- Experience with planning or strategic planning.
Closing Date: November 30
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/52766.