Voter Engagement Internship
Student Engagement & Enrollment Services, Office of Leadership & Learning
An internship is a practical experience intended to provide meaningful, career-related work experience that extends student learning beyond the classroom. Students will assume administrative responsibilities in an area of personal and professional interest.
Number of positions: 1
Job Summary: The Intern for Voter Engagement will be responsible for organizing and implementing programming and education related.
- Develop knowledge of best practices surrounding college student nonpartisan voter registration and turnout
- Gain experience planning and implementing events in a higher education setting
- Develop skills that are transferable to other administrative areas
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and execute ODU’s voter engagement plan
- Co-supervise Campus Vote Project Democracy Fellow
- Assist in the development of creative programming to engage students in non-partisan voter registration and voter education
- Utilize NSLVE report data to make informed decisions about effective programming
- Organize and co-chair a campus coalition of stakeholders invested in student voter engagement
- Collaborate with campus and community partners to engage a diverse population of ODU students in voter registration and engagement efforts
- Participate in professional developmental opportunities, maintain office hours, serve as a contributing member of Leadership & Learning staff, and perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience (Preferred Majors): Matriculation in a graduate degree program (higher education administration or public administration preferred), ability to remain non-partisan in voter engagement activities, strong oral and written communication skills.
Employment Schedule/Hours: Approximately 10 hours per week
Academic Qualifications: Regular admission in a graduate degree program at ODU with good academic standing.
Preferred Qualification: Experience with programming and planning events
Office Website: https://www.odu.edu/life/gettinginvolved/voter-registration
For More Information, Please Contact:
Amy Leah Joaquim, Assistant Director for Service-Learning: email@example.com
Position Reports to: Amy Leah Joaquim, Assistant Director for Service-Learning
Length of Internship: Generally, students will complete a minimum of 100 hours of internship work that includes but is not limited to: project-related work for a department, unit, or institution; shadowing and/or observation of leadership activities; and attending meetings, conferences, retreats, and/or other training opportunities.
How to Apply: Please email resume and interest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.