Title: International Student and Scholar Services Programs Advisor
Hourly wage: $23-$27/hr depending on prior DSO experience; no benefits beyond those required by law
Classification: Part-Time, Limited-Term, Temporary Employee (February 21, 2022- May 31, 2022)
Schedule Preference: Monday – Friday (28hrs per week)
- Serve as a Designated School Official for the USF.
- Advise students on a variety of matters including F-1 immigration and visa regulations, cultural adjustment, personal matters, financial concerns, and university procedures.
- Review and process requests from students for Form I-20s and other immigration-related documents.
- Assist with the SEVIS registration reporting process and other government reporting requests
- Enter and maintain data in BANNER, MyISSS (Terra Dotta) and SEVIS databases.
- Assist with the routine student questions from the ISSS main email, phone and chat
- Assist and present ISSS immigration workshops
- Assist with International Student Orientation and other ISSS programs.
- Collaborate with offices and departments (e.g., Admission, Registrar, Academic Advising, International Relations, English as a Second Language, etc.) to provide an integrated experience that helps international students navigate campus processes and U.S. culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of work experience as an international student/scholar advisor at a university. The experience must include applying the F visa regulations to international students’ circumstances as well as use of the SEVIS RTI database.
- Interest in working within the context of a diverse, Catholic and Jesuit University located in an urban, multicultural area.
- High attention to detail and ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including cross-cultural communication competencies, and the ability to advise and problem-solve around international student issues and concerns.
- Ability to represent the university in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Evidence of ability to work as a team member
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with a SEVIS Batch database such as Terra Dotta, and the student database, Banner preferred.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, college student services administration or related field preferred.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident as required by U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State. EEO/AAE
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume only to ISSS via the email below:
Employer: International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
Location: University Center 5th Floor
Contact: Marcella Pitcher DeProto, Director
Telephone: 422-2654 or 422-2193 (direct line)
The University of San Francisco is a Jesuit Catholic university founded in 1855 to educate leaders who will fashion a more humane and just world. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to work in a culturally diverse environment and to contribute to the mission of the University.
USF is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to affirmative action and to excellence through diversity. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities upon request.