The Shelton Leadership Center at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC is currently hiring for two positions that are perfect for anyone looking to enter into or explore more in the field of Higher Education/Student Affairs. The target start date is beginning to mid-July. You can find more about the Shelton Leadership Center at their website: https://sheltonleadership.ncsu.edu/
Program Specialist – College Programs
– This position works closely with rural, first-gen college students.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and advisory support for the Chancellor’s Leadership Development Program and other SLC college programs;
- Coordinate logistics for first year and second year seminars and retreats for CLDP;
- Lead and manage planning and logistics for sophomore cohort service trip;
- Advise and mentor a cohort of CLDP students and coordinate professional mentoring program
- Oversee CLDP recruitment and selection process;
- Work collaboratively with SLC communications team to creating marketing and social media content for the CLDP and other college programs;
- Manage and implement select programs or projects for the CLDP;
- Maintain CLDP databases, schedules and reports ensuring accuracy of data;
- Develop and provide resources for career readiness and personal skill development for CLDP students;
- Deliver values-based leadership training to partner groups on campus;
- Keep current on relevant research and best practices regarding first-generation and rural students;
- Assist the Shelton Ambassadors student organization;
- Assist with planning and implementation of various leadership initiatives sponsored by SLC as needed;
- Promote program goals and objectives of the SLC.
Program Specialist – Outreach & Scholars Program
The main job responsibilities for this position would focus on facilitating and designing leadership workshops associated with outreach and the Shelton Scholars program. This includes working with campus and community partners, especially with our active-duty, veteran, and military-affiliated groups. Once this position is fully approved, we’d be happy to provide more information regarding job responsibilities.
If anyone has any questions regarding these positions, reach out to email@example.com.