Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerhsips Graduate Assistantship
I. Job Description:
GA will provide advising support for students visiting the Student Success Center in addition to assisting with programs designed for specific student populations. General responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to:
- Advise students in academic difficulty, students whose progress grades indicate the need formore academic assistance, and those whose suspension appeals have been granted.
- Assist with teaching academic success courses.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of academic success initiatives.
- Participate in committee meetings, professional development, and training opportunities.
II. Academic and professional knowledge and skills to be derived from this experience:
- Enhance interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with University policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of academic and campus resources.
- Experience collaborating with other campus offices.
- Proficiency in advising skills and technologies.
III. Suitable Academic Programs: Higher Education, Counseling, or a related program
- Enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program in good academic standing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with students.
- Ability to plan and complete work independently to meet deadlines.
- Commit to working the academic year (fall and spring).
V. Hours, Stipend, Start/End Date:
- Hours: A total of 20 hours per week on an established schedule that fits into the student’scourse demands and the needs of the department.
- Stipend: A stipend of $11,000.00 will be paid for the academic year (fall and spring). The stipend will be prorated if employment begins after August 25, 2022 or if it ends before May 9, 2023.
- Start/End Date: The assistantship begins August 25, 2022 and ends May 9, 2023.
VI. Contact Information:
The supervisor for the GA position is Ms. Christine Ricks, Director of Advisor Support and Completion Initiatives, Center of Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships, Student Success Center, Norfolk, VA 23529. All inquiries can be made to (757) 683-3773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.