From Dr. Jason Lynch (HIED Ph.D. ’17):
I hope your fall term is winding down smoothly. I have the privilege of serving as the Guest Editor for the Journal of College & University Student Housing‘s 2023 Special Issue on Staff Wellbeing. I will be accepting abstracts to consider for inclusion in this special issue through January 7, 2022. The attached document contains more information, however, I provided a few bullets below with potential paper topics that would be a good fit for this issue.
- Explorations of one or more dimensions of well-being (emotional, physical, financial, spiritual, social, intellectual, etc.) within housing and residential life staff
- Evidence-based trainings or interventions to promote well-being (Examples: boundary setting, stress inoculation, mindfulness, etc.)
- Issues of stress, coping, and resilience of staff members
- Burnout and compassion fatigue, as well as ways to mitigate or prevent these phenomena
- Impacts of supervision and organizational/professional cultures on well-being
- Successful partnerships with departments or organizations to facilitate well-being
- Sociocultural and equity issues impacting housing and residential life staff well-being
- Assessing well-being in housing and residential life staff
Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words and should be submitted via this form. Please consider forwarding this call to anyone you know who may be interested in submitting an abstract for consideration. Any questions can be forwarded to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.