The intern for the Career Development Services will work with faculty/staff/employers as well as students on providing career services to all students but especially focused on networking skills and outcomes.
Although our office is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on all normal working days for the University, we are very flexible and prefer someone to work online and during non typical hours – weekends or evenings – due to our need to service online students.
The graduate professional selected for the position will have flexibility as this project has fluidity.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with a virtual event
- Meet with students related to the virtual event;
- Assist with A presentation for the virtual event;
- Assist with two assessments to ensure knowledge of career skill;
- assess the effectiveness of the events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to organize multiple projects and deadlines;
- Strong interest in working with students and their various needs;
- Ability to work with diverse populations;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality where appropriate;
- Familiarity with MS Office, and can be flexible as things come up,
Must be a graduate student in graduate degree program at ODU or at another regionally accredited institution;
Preference will be given to students who are in Higher Education, Counseling, and other graduate programs in the Darden College of Education. Disciplines outside of the Darden College of Education are also welcome to apply;
Must be enrolled in a graduate program and maintain good academic standing.
Interns will serve 8-15 hours per week.
There is no compensation with this internship.
Point of Contact:
Saranette Miles Williams
Career Development Services (CDS)