Virginia Wesleyan University
Job Title: Coordinator for Student Activities Programming
Department: Office of Student Activities
Reports to: Director of Student Activities
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Coordinator for Student Activities Programming assists the Director of Student Activities with the coordination of campus programming and serves as primary advisor of the Off The Hook programming board.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serve as primary advisor of Off The Hook, the programming arm of the Office of Student Activities.
- Lead recruitment, selection, and training efforts for Off The Hook
- Hold individual progress meetings with Off The Hook event supervisors twice per month and Off The Hook event staff once per week.
- Attend Off The Hook meetings and offer guidance.
2. Event Management
- Oversee the creation of event plans for upcoming programs to include space and equipment needs, hospitality arrangements, staffing needs, and day-of-event logistics.
- Assist with reservations for events as needed.
- Serve as a supervising staff member during campus programs, providing overall support and guidance for Off The Hook
- Manage the Off The Hook budget, with guidance from supervisor.
2. Student Organizations
- Assist with student organization programming efforts, as needed.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience required. Regular or provisional admission to a regionally accredited Master’s program in Higher Education, Counseling, Sports Management, or related field. Experience working with student clubs and organizations preferred. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects. Proficiency with office equipment, standard computer programs, and online software. Consistent utilization of good customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Accuracy, timeliness, and flexibility. Ability to think critically and respond to emergencies with calmness. Ability to plan events with an eye for detail. Ability to relate well with a diverse population of students.
- Off The Hook Event Supervisors
Starting date: January 10, 2022
Hours: 20 hours/week
To apply, send your resume to Sarah Guzzo, Director of Student Activities, at email@example.com.