Open call: Fall 2021 and spring 2022 with the possibility of renewal.
Start Date: August 30, 2021
Hourly Commitment: Works up to 20 hours weekly which will include some evening and weekend hours.
Location: Newport News, Virginia; working conditions subject to the latest CDC guidelines and University policies.
Compensation: $15,000 stipend per year, 100% tuition waiver.
Number of positions to be filled: 2
Overview: This assistantship role is designed to support Brooks Crossing Innovation Lab (iLab) programs and operations in Newport News. The function is to help produce educational programs and outreach in STEM education, advanced manufacturing, teacher professional development, and entrepreneurship education.
Qualifications: Must be enrolled as a full time graduate student at Old Dominion University in a doctoral program focusing on Education, Engineering, or another closely related scientific field. Ideal candidates will be organized, self-motivated, and eager to learn new technical and administrative skills. Must understand the educational environment and how to manage technology during the learning process for all ages. Will have a passion for community engagement. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds Adhere to all organization policies and procedures (e.g. minors on campus, background checks). Preferred: basic familiarity with one or more of the following: shop and fabrication tools, computer numerically controlled (CNC) routers, 3D printing, augmented/virtual reality, music production, and graphic design applications.
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Education: Helps to design, develop, and deliver STEM programming to educators and community members commensurate with lab equipment training.
- Fabrication: Assists lab users with laboratory projects and industrial equipment; maintains a clean working area.
- Laboratory: Coordinates lab scheduling to maximize use of high-quality collaborative lessons, develop and complete equipment maintenance schedules.
- Outreach: Plans and/or conducts activities that promote lab resources and services; assists in the development of marketing materials.
- Administration: Assists with receptionist duties, monitors materials inventory as needed, enforces lab safety, assists with lab volunteer and staff training.
- Research development: Supports the preparation of technical reports and proposals for funding.
Application materials: Please send (1) Letter of interest, (2) resume/curriculum vitae including two professional references and (3) a degree transcript if available to: Ms. Halldora Webster, Director of Business Operations at The Center for Educational Partnerships: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: July 15th, 2021
|iLab||Teacher Professional Development||k12 Forensic Science Lab|