We are proud to announce that Dr. Mitchell R. Williams received the 2020 University Doctoral Mentoring award from Old Dominion University!
As you all know, Dr. Williams is most deserving of this award. His commitment to his students is evident in the nearly 40 graduates that have benefited from his mentoring. He is humble and selfless, quietly helping his students successfully navigate the many challenges and opportunities they face on the dissertation journey.
Dr. Williams exemplifies the spirit of the community college mission and his many mentees pay his love and commitment for the field forward through their good works. Below are just a few of the successful students that he has mentored:
- Hara Charlier, President Central Lakes College
- Natalie Harder, Chancellor South Louisiana Community College and recently named as the new President of Coker University
- Robert Fox, Acting Vice Chancellor at State Center Community College District
- Milan Hayward, Vice President, Workforce Development Services, Virginia Western Community College
- Patrick Tompkins, Dean of Communications, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Thomas Nelson Community College
- Adam Hutchison, President of Virginia Highlands Community College
- Tameiko Grant, Interim Dean of Technology at Florida State College
- Kia Hardy, Interim Dean of Students, Tidewater Community College
We could not be prouder of our great colleague and friend. Thank you Dr. Williams for everything you do for our doctoral students!
Dr. Steve Myran
Chair, Department of Education Foundations & Leadership
Old Dominion University