Position Description: The position of Graduate Assistant for Involvement is a part time position within Leadership & Student Involvement. This position reports to the Coordinator for Involvement. The general responsibilities of the GA will include, but not limited to:
- Manage the student employees focused on customer service and event staffing.
- Hire, train, and supervise the student employee and Event Staff
- Coordinate Fall & Spring student staff trainings
- Collaborate to coordinate, market, and/or implement events targeted to special populations of ODU students on an as needed basis
- Support student organization engagement and training
- Take a major role in the advising and planning of ODU’s Annual Homecoming. ODU’s Homecoming is a week-long event with programs such as Monarch Day, parade, major concert, most spirited student organization competition, and the football game.
- Assist with the planning and implementation for all campus-wide events coordinated by LSI including Relay for Life, Week of Welcome events, PAW events, and Fraternity/Sorority Recruitment.
Qualifications: Regular or provisional admission in a graduate degree program at ODU (higher education administration preferred) with good academic standing is required. Graduate assistants are required to maintain a full course of study during the term of their appointment as a graduate assistant. Strong oral and written skills. Computer competency and excellent organizational skills are essential. Able to supervise weekend and evening campus events.
Preferred Qualifications: undergraduate involvement in an event planning organization or residence life
Length of Assistantship: July 10 – May 9 (10 months)
Compensation & Hours: $11,111.12 stipend. The GA position requires 20 hours per week, including some evenings and weekend programs.
Contact Person: Jen Cohen, Associate Director, Leadership & Student Involvement, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-683-3446