Provide support for students seeking internships and cooperative education opportunities by identifying employment opportunities and providing communications link between students, Senior Staff of Career Development Services and potential employers. Provide students with the information and tools necessary to prepare for the internship/ co-op search process. Generate internship/co-op opportunities for students and refer students for potential employment. Assist Senior Staff in preparation of reports and special events. Meet with students to assist with resumes, internships/co-op questions, job search assistance, Careers4Monarchs assistance, interview preparation, negotiation skills, and orientation to CDS services. Market events through the creation of flyers, targeted emails, Careers4Monarchs, university announcements, list-serves, and other college coordinators. Must be comfortable with technology and learning new technology systems. (Training is provided)
- Must be enrolled in graduate program and maintain good academic standing.
- Must register and complete minimum of 9 hours of course work per fall and spring semester and 3 hours during summer semester if employed during the summer.
- Skills: oral presentation; computer familiarity to include word processing, database and spreadsheet use; writing; exceptional customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Demonstrated coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work independently and within small groups
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Hours: Must work 20 hours a week. Willingness to be flexible to meet needs of Career Development Services and needs of students is required. Occasional evening or weekend work with advance notice.
Supervision: Position reports to Darden College of Education and Professional Studies Liaison, Jenna Rowlands.
Please apply through Careers4Monarchs. For questions, contact Jenna Rowlands at email@example.com