The Career Development program at Virginia Wesleyan University is seeking an intern for the spring 2020 semester. The Career Development Intern will work under the direction and supervision of the Director of Career Development.
Location: The Lighthouse: Center for Exploration and Discovery, Clarke Hall, Virginia Wesleyan University
Schedule: 10-20 hours per week between the hours of 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
● Assist and guide students/alumni through occupational exploration and career decision- making process
● Teach and coach students/alumni in self-directed job search strategies
● Provide resume/cover letter critiques and interview skills training
● Engage students/alumni in use of on-line resources for researching employers and current employment opportunities
● Conduct career and job search workshops
● Promote recruitment services and engage students/alumni in participating in the on-line job listing service, on-campus interviews, career fairs and other career events
● Develop partnerships with employers to identify employment opportunities and engage their participation in campus recruitment services such as on-line job listing service, on- campus interviews, career fairs and information sessions
● Assist with logistical and administrative details for career fairs, graduate fairs, on-campus interview schedules, job listing service and special career events
● As needed, conduct planned programs, such as classroom visits and information sessions, for outreach to students, faculty and employers to advertise and promote Career Services
● Be enrolled in an accredited graduate program in higher education
● Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
● Have a record demonstrating the ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people and offices.
● Have superior attention-to-detail and organizational skills.
● Have intermediate knowledge of Google Apps for Education and Microsoft programs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Jessica Harrington, Director of Career Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jessica Harrington, Director of Career Development, at email@example.com.