This office will be interviewing at Monarch Preview Day 2019!
The Graduate Intern will provide advising support for students visiting the Student Success Center in addition to assisting with programs designed for specific student populations. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise students in academic difficulty, students whose progress grades indicate the need formore academic assistance, and those whose suspension appeals have been granted.
- Assist with teaching academic success courses.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of student success initiatives.
- Participate in committee meetings, professional development, and training opportunities.
Academic and professional knowledge and skills to be derived from this experience:
- Enhance interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with University policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of academic and campus resources.
- Experience collaborating with other campus offices.
- Proficiency in advising skills and technologies.
Suitable Academic Programs:
Higher Education, Counseling, or a related program
- Enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program in good academic standing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with students.
- Ability to plan and complete work independently to meet deadlines.
This is not a paid internship
Length of Internship & Hours:
Available for Fall or Spring semesters with negotiable hours
The supervisor for the internship is Catherine Moss, Coordinator of Advisor Support and Completion Initiatives, Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships, Student Success Center, Norfolk, VA 23529. All inquiries can be made to (757) 683-3773 email@example.com.